VIDEO: new Lewmar windlasses using composite technology.
Lewmar launched their new vertical and horizontal anchor windlasses to the Australian market at the recent BLA Trade Show. They have been designed to be a stylish yet functional product at a competitive price point.
With the vertical windlass, Lewmar have developed a patent pending hybrid gypsy which uses a metal anchor warp core together with a polymer chain wheel. This combination offers a lightweight and quieter solution that ensures a smooth deployment and retrieval of the anchor rode, while still offering the long-life durability of the traditional metal gypsy.
The horizontal windlasses are also strong and reliable utilising a superior in-line motor and epicyclical gearbox within a strong aluminium chassis. The covers are available in a choice of materials – polymer or anodised aluminium.
Vertical windlass features:
- IP67 cover – helps to reduce maintenance and provides corrosion protection
- Manual clutch release
- Stylish stainless steel and composite construction
- Proven polymer gypsy – quieter compared to metal gypsies
- Lightweight deck unit
- 3 year deck unit warranty
- 1 year motor gearbox warranty
Horizontal windlass features:
- Motor range 800W in 12v
- High efficiency epicyclical gearbox
- Sealed waterproof unit requires minimum maintenance
- Anodised aluminium chassis with a choice of polymer or anodised aluminium covers
- IP67 rated as standard
- Quiet operation
- 3 year warranty
For more information contact your local BLA Territory Manager.
Bob Jarvis demonstrates the new range of Lewmar windlasses.