Police have issued a Canada-wide warrant for a high-risk sex offender who didn’t return to his halfway house in Vancouver Friday night.
Rene Troy Cardinal, 40, was convicted in 1997 for manslaughter and in 2011 for two counts of sexual assault.
According to police, Cardinal manipulated his female victims to get them alone before he violently assaulted them.
Police say he was transferred to a halfway house in Vancouver on July 30.
Cardinal is described as:
- Five feet 11 inches and 189 pounds.
- Short brown hair and brown eyes.
- Often wears dark-framed prescription glasses.
- Has tattoos of a Playboy bunny on his left hand and tribal art on his left forearm.
- Last seen wearing a black and white sweater, blue jeans, and white Air Jordan runners.
Police are asking anyone who sees Cardinal or who knows of his whereabouts to call 911 immediately.