Energy

NASCAR Playoffs: Monster Energy Series field post-Loudon

RELATED: Loudon race results | Playoff picture | Wreck shakes up playoffs picture After the second Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs race, here’s a brief look at the playoffs picture. There is one race remaining in the Round of 16 before the field is whittled to 12, with four drivers eliminated from the postseason following Dover (Oct. 1) next week. ...

Read More »

France bids Vermilion Energy adieu in new climate-change bill

The traditional 20th anniversary present is china but Canada’s Vermilion Energy Inc. is getting quite a different gift for its second decade as a light-oil producer in France: a divorce petition with an implementation date of 2040. France imports 99 per cent of the oil it consumes, but the Calgary-based company produces three-quarters of the other 1 per cent. It ...

Read More »

Energy entrepreneur hopes to bring commuter rail to Vermont

BARRE, Vt. – An energy entrepreneur wants to set up a commuter rail system to further his vision of weaning Vermont from fossil fuels and getting cars off the highways, and he has taken the first step toward moving it beyond the theoretical by buying a dozen rail cars. David Blittersdorf spent $5 million of his own money to buy ...

Read More »

How the Christchurch district energy scheme works

WILL HARVIE Last updated 06:37, September 25 2017 DAVID WALKER/Stuff The district energy scheme at Ngai Tahu’s Pita Te Hori Centre heats and cools the centre and the Christchurch City Council HQ next door, using a massive heat battery and gas from landfill. A district energy scheme has just been turned on at Ngāi Tahu’s new development in central Christchurch. WILL ...

Read More »

Australia failing to meet Paris targets and more renewables needed, report says | Australia news

With the Coalition still hamstrung by internal divide over a clean energy target, a new report shows Australia is in danger of not meeting its Paris agreement commitments unless it acts soon. A report by the Australia Institute’s climate and energy program examined the government’s own modelling of the nation’s greenhouse gas emission reduction targets and found Australia could either ...

Read More »

CEO of YORK calls for saving energy for country

FOR the past three years, the demand for energy increased at a yearly rate of 8%, and is expected to increase up to 58% in the next 25 years. These figures will have an immense impact on oil, especially that 90% of the Kingdom’s revenue is generated from oil exports. While 27% percent of the produced oil is spent ...

Read More »

Energy Briefs for Sept. 24

From staff and wire reports Published 8:48 am, Sunday, September 24, 2017 Sabinal Energy announces Central Basin Platform acquisition THE WOODLANDS — Sabinal Energy LLC and the Kayne Private Energy Income Fund LP announced the closing of the purchase of certain producing oil and natural gas assets owned by Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in the Central Basin Platform and Northern Shelf of ...

Read More »

C’est la vie: Canadian energy producer accepts French drilling ban with a shrug

CALGARY — The traditional 20th anniversary present is china but Canada’s Vermilion Energy Inc. (TSX:VET) is getting quite a different gift for its second decade as a light oil producer in France: a divorce petition with an implementation date of 2040. France imports 99 per cent of the oil it consumes but the Calgary-based company produces three-quarters of the other one per cent. ...

Read More »