Conquering your to-do list is easier now than ever before, thanks to smartphones. Your phone can be a valuable teammate for tackling home improvement projects given the prevalence of innovative home improvement apps, which help answer your trickiest questions and scout out the resources you need to finish a project.
Finding a home improvement app
While there are many helpful apps to choose from, when you’ve got a project in mind, you’ll want to consider apps specifically geared toward that project. If you’re working on some simple DIYs, like hanging pictures and shelves, you can look for apps that help you measure the wall space you need and visualize your new decor on your walls. If you’re working on a carpentry project, you can find apps that will help you estimate the wood you need or locate lumber for the cheapest price in your area.
Are you looking to start a home improvement project of your own? Take out a loan on the equity in your home and get started today.
Your home improvement app toolbox
When you’ve got a list of home improvement projects to work on, stock your phone with a convenient toolbox of apps to help you get your projects done right. Here are some of the main apps you’ll want to have on hand:
- iHandy Level – An essential part of hanging any frame or building a straight dresser, shelf, or table is checking to see whether your project is level. Mess up the leveling, and you’ll be coping with a crooked picture or slanted piece of furniture until you simply can’t deal with it anymore. Avoid the frustration of digging out your old traditional lever by employing the balance sensors in your phone through the iHandy Level.
- RoomScan Pro – Get a digital blueprint of your home in your pocket with minimal effort. RoomScan Pro is a paid app that allows you to use your phone to scan your home and measure the spatial relationship of walls to give you an accurate digital rendering of your place. Pull it out when you head to the home improvement store so you know exactly how much carpet to order or what length curtain rods you need for the master bedroom.
- Handyman Calculator – Never ponder the amount of material you need for a project or fret over the conversion of centimeters to yards again. Handyman Calculator runs the conversions and calculations for you. Simply enter the info you know, run the calculator, and get your results.
- TapPainter – Repainting your first floor or the kids’ bathroom? Don’t use unreliable paint chips to tell you whether a color’s going to work in a room. Instead, visualize your room with a fresh coat of paint through the TapPainter app.
Thinking about your mortgage? Use Bankrate’s calculators to figure out how much you have left to pay.
If you’re looking for inspiration, design apps can give you a push in the right direction. Whether you’re starting from scratch or want some ideas for a project you already have in mind, the following design apps act as handy assistants for plotting your interior design:
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a resource that’s totally free and chock full of style inspiration. From organization to choosing paint colors, you’ll find everything you need, and the links back to blogs where you can access tutorials for getting the job done.
- Houzz – Houzz is equal parts inspiration gallery and home DIY encyclopedia. This app contains thousands of articles and tutorials that show you how to complete projects on your own.
Time to get to work
So you got a great mortgage on your home. Now you want to tackle a home improvement project. Employ a new app or two to help you gather ideas and get stuff done and you’ll never want to go back to old technology for solving your DIY challenges again!