DORMONT, PA – With the start of school fast approaching, Patch doesn’t want you scrambling at the last minute to get your children the supplies they need for a successful year in the classrooms.
Here’s what students attending Dormont Elementary, Keystone Oaks Middle School and Keystone Oaks High School should have for the start of the school year. (Students aren’t required to purchase them, but these are the supplies suggested by teachers).
This list will be updated as more supply lists are submitted.
- Kindergarten: 2 boxes Crayola Crayons, 16 count; 1 box Crayola Washable Markers, 8 count; 3
Elmer’s Jumbo Glue Sticks; 1 bottle Elmer’s Liquid School Glue, 4 Ounces; 4 Expo Dry Erase Markers; 2 boxes Ticonderoga Pencils, 12 Count; 4 containers of Play-Doh and 1 box Kleenex tissues.
- First Grade (please label with your child’s name): 1 pencil box; 1 folder (two-pocket style); 1 three-prong folder; 1 composition notebook; 2 packages of Crayola crayons (24 count); 1 pair of headphones (place in a Ziploc bag, labeled with your child’s name.
- Second Grade: 2 boxes 24-pack Crayola crayons; 2 boxes 10-pack Crayola markers broad tip classic colors; 1 box 12-pack Crayola colored pencils; 2 highlighters (any color); 4 fat Elmer’s Glue sticks; 24 pack #2 Ticonderoga pencils; 2 3-pack pink erasers; 4-pack Expo dry erase markers, wide tip; 3 red pens; small plastic pencil box (approximately 8-by-5-by-2); headphones (for computers) in a large zip lock bag; disinfecting wipes.
- Fourth Grade: 1 1.5-inch binder; 1 box of color pencils; scissors; 1 pair of headphones/earbuds, placed in Ziploc with child’s first and last names; disinfecting wipes and tissues.
Keystone Oaks Middle School
- Math – Mrs. Dietrich: 1 one-inch 3-ring binder; 1 set of 5 plastic index tabs; 3 packs of 3-hole notebook paper; 1 pack of graph paper; ruler; protractor; pencils/pens (enough for entire year); Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator TI 30XIIS (suggested purchase)
- ELA 8/Accelerated ELA 8 – Mrs. Limerick & Mrs. Geisler: highlighter, red ink pen, blue ink pen, pocket folder; pack of pencils, loose-leaf paper, composition book, colored pencils or markers, notebook (spiral or binder with paper).
- All Eighth Grade math classes: 3 ring binder, notebook paper, pencils, calculator (Texas Instruments model TI 30XIIS (recommended), graph paper, ruler.
Keystone Oaks High School
- All English classes: Binder or pocket folder, notebook, pencils, pens, highlighters, flash drive, Kleenex, hand sanitizer.
- All science classes: 3-ring binder: 1 inch with pockets; 1 package of lined notebook paper with three holes; pencils, pens, erasers; 1 set of highlighters, 4 different colors; TI 30XIIS calculator (standard); pocket folder; 1 set of dry erase markers, different colors; Post-It notes, standard 3-by-3 size, multiple colors. In addition, high school biology classes require Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer, Sharpie markers and White Out.
- All math classes: Ti 30x2s calculator, dry erase markers, ruler, 1 pack of 3-hole notebook paper,
graph paper. For Geometry, protractor (in addition to the supplies previously listed). For Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Trigonometry/Pre-Calculus and Calculus & Statistics: Ti 83/84 plus calculator (in addition to the supplies previously listed).
- All French classes: 2 inch binder, 1 subject notebook or composition paper, 1 book cover, pencils or pens.
Get free real-time news alerts from the Dormont-Brookline Patch.
Thanks for your feedback! Now share it with your friends!
Thanks for your feedback.
Originally published August 2, 2017.