Kinder Morgan Rose 1% Last Week, Tracked the Energy Sector

KMI Rose for the Second Week in a Row, Will the Momentum Sustain? PART 1 OF 3

Kinder Morgan rose again

Midstream giant Kinder Morgan (KMI) rose 1% in the week ending September 1, 2017—broadly in line with the energy sector. The Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE) rose 0.9% last week. ONEOK (OKE) rose 1.8%, while the Alerian MLP Index (^AMZ) rose 2.7%. Oil prices fell 1.2% last week. It was the second positive week for Kinder Morgan, which rose 3.3% in the week ending August 25, 2017.

Kinder Morgan has fallen 6.5% YTD (year-to-date). Weakness in crude oil prices continues to have a negative impact on energy sector companies’ performance. XLE has fallen 16% YTD. To learn about the latest factors impacting crude oil, read Harvey’s Impact on US Supply, Demand, Crude Oil, and Gas.

Institutional investors

The ten largest institutional investors in Kinder Morgan added net 38.6 million Kinder Morgan shares to their positions, according to the latest filings. So, institutional investors seem to have a positive outlook on Kinder Morgan. To learn more, read Institutional Investors Seem Bullish on Kinder Morgan.

Analysts’ recommendations

Wall Street analysts also seem to be bullish on Kinder Morgan. Nearly 67% of the analysts surveyed by Reuters rated Kinder Morgan as a “buy,” while the remaining 33% rated it as a “hold.” Analysts’ consensus target price for Kinder Morgan is $25.0 in a year. Currently, Kinder Morgan’s shares are trading at $19.36. If Kinder Morgan attains the target price within a year, it would imply nearly a 29% price return for investors.

For a complete analysis on Kinder Morgan’s performance, read Everything You Wanted to Know about Kinder Morgan.

In the next part, we’ll look at Kinder Morgan’s moving averages and short interest in the stock.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

fourteen − 14 =