Posted: Sunday, September 3, 2017 8:00 pm
Non-profits invited to apply for veterans assistance grants
The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is now accepting grant applications from registered 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) non-profit organizations that provide entrepreneurship training, or technical, business or other assistance to veteran entrepreneurs to improve employment outcomes.
Non-profit organizations interested in applying for this grant opportunity must submit their completed applications by Friday, Sept. 29, 2017.
The following criteria will be evaluated as part of the grant application:
- Background and Organizational History
- Organizational Qualifications and Past Performance
- Experience Working with Veterans
- Need for Grant Funding
- Outreach and Referral Plan
- Program and Implementation Timeline
- Monitoring and Program Evaluation
- Program Goals and Objectives
- Past Working Relationships with other Start-up Businesses and Entrepreneurship Programs
The Entrepreneurship Grant program was passed by the legislature and signed into law by Governor Walker and includes a maximum total of up to $400,000 during the period of July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
To qualify, non-profit organizations must be located in Wisconsin and registered and in good standing with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions.
Application materials for this grant are available online by clicking here. Applications and questions about the grant application process should be directed to Chad McCafferty at 1-800-WIS-VETS or email@example.com.
More aboutGovernor Scott Walker
Sunday, September 3, 2017 8:00 pm.