• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be nondiscrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766 Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• CAPCA will have its monthly Commodity Distribution on Thursday, Aug. 24, from 8:15 to 11:30 a.m. at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, in Conway. The Emergency Food Assistance Program works to improve the health of qualified applicants. Commodities will be given on a first come, first served basis. REQUIREMENTS: Must meet income guidelines, declaration of all household income and photo identification. If you are picking up commodities for someone, you must have a signed and dated statement from that person giving you permission to pick up their commodities. You may pick up for only one other person. More information is located on the agency Facebook page at Facebook/capcapage.
• The University of Central Arkansas College of Fine Arts and Communication and Division of Outreach and Community Engagement are hosting the Gene Hatfield: A Lifetime of Distinction, Achievement and Emeritus art exhibit at UCA Downtown through Aug. 25. UCA Downtown, 1105 Oak St., is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
The Faulkner County Quorum Court holds its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. in Court Room A of the Faulkner County Courthouse.
• The Prostate Cancer Peer Network holds their monthly support group meeting from 6 – 7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist church (Room 217). For more information please call 501-379-8027 or 1-800-338-1383.
• Friendship Baptist Church hosts Friendship Clothes Closet on Aug. 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church on West Republican Road. Clothes are donated and given free. Call 501-679-1672.