• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be nondiscrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766 Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• CAPCA’s Governing Board will meet Thursday, Aug. 31, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss program updates, committee reports and funding proposals. CAPCA serves Cleburne, Desha, Faulkner, White, Arkansas, Lincoln and Lonoke Counties in Arkansas and Tangipahoa Parish in Louisiana.
• Acoustic duo Sinners & Saints will perform at Bear’s Den Pizza, 235 Farris Road, Conway, on Tuesday, August 29th at 10:00 p.m. The show is free. For more information call 501-701-3306 or visit https://www.bearsdenpizza.net/.
• The Conway AARP Chapter will have its August meeting at the Conway Ola & John Hawks Senior Wellness & Activity Center ( Senior Citizen Center) at 705 E. Siebermorgan Road (327-2895) on Monday. Lunch begins at 11:30 (purchase lunch ticket as you enter the Center, Meeting at 12:05 in the meeting room, Speakers will be from the Conway Fire Department. They will give (free) fire alarms to members who want one. Dismissal is at 1 p.m. Any visitor age 50 or older is invited to attend meetings.
• CAPCA will have its monthly Commodity Distribution on Thursday, Aug. 24, from 8:15 to 11:30 a.m. at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, in Conway. The Emergency Food Assistance Program works to improve the health of qualified applicants. Commodities will be given on a first come, first served basis. REQUIREMENTS: Must meet income guidelines, declaration of all household income and photo identification. If you are picking up commodities for someone, you must have a signed and dated statement from that person giving you permission to pick up their commodities. You may pick up for only one other person. More information is located on the agency Facebook page at Facebook/capcapage.
• The University of Central Arkansas College of Fine Arts and Communication and Division of Outreach and Community Engagement are hosting the Gene Hatfield: A Lifetime of Distinction, Achievement and Emeritus art exhibit at UCA Downtown through Aug. 25. UCA Downtown, 1105 Oak St., is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
• The Arkansas Citizens First Congress and Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families will hold a forum on the future of health care and the impact the current budget debate will have on Arkansas families. The event will begin at 6 p.m. at the McGee Center in Conway. Food and drink will be provided. For more information, call 573-718-5212.
• The Prostate Cancer Peer Network holds its monthly support group meeting from 6-7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church (Room 217). For more information, please call 501-379-8027 or 1-800-338-1383.
• Friendship Baptist Church hosts Friendship Clothes Closet from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church on West Republican Road. Clothes are donated and given free. Call 501-679-1672.