Mumbai, Aug 14:
Reversing its three-day downward trend, the rupee recovered by 17 paise to 63.96 against the US dollar in early trade on fresh selling of the American currency by exporters.
Besides, the dollar’s weakness against some currencies overseas and early gains in the domestic equity market supported the rupee.
The rupee had lost 5 paise to close 64.13 against the US currency on Friday due to sustained demand for the American currency from importers and corporates.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex jumped 190.65 points or 0.61 per cent to 31,404.24 in opening trade.
(This article was published on August 14, 2017)
Please enter your email. Thank You.
Newsletter has been successfully subscribed.
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu Business Line editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.