Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the Thursday show, Blackerby is joined by SEC Country’s Auburn recruiting expert Benjamin Wolk. On episode 34, the experts talk about Auburn’s latest status in their recruiting affairs in basketball and football.
- Start of the show: Blackerby and Wolk talk about Auburn basketball’s latest recruiting blunder with E.J. Montgomery announcing that he has opened up his recruitment. Montgomery, a 5-star power forward, announced the news on Wednesday after hearing about the FBI and NCAA investigations hovering around the Auburn basketball program. The experts talk about what it means for the Tigers and what they should do moving forward.
- 6:30 mark: The recruiting talk transitions to football recruiting. A big-name recruit, possibly Auburn’s top uncommitted target, has set a commitment date. Though Auburn is not the public favorite for the recruit, Wolk believes he will pick Auburn.
- 13:40 mark: Wolk shares who he has heard will be in attendance at Auburn’s game this Saturday against Mississippi State. He will have a more updated list on the Friday podcast.
- 16-minute mark: Blackerby and Wolk talk about Auburn’s recruitment of the tight end position and how the position could or should be used in the Auburn offense.
- 20-minute mark: The experts discuss the game this weekend between the Tigers and the Bulldogs. Both share why they believe all the matchups seem to favor Auburn in the SEC West showdown. Both believe that Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald will be limited in the run game like he was last Saturday against Georgia.
- End of the show: Blackerby admits he was wrong about Auburn running back Kam Martin and gives him credit where credit is due.
Miss a previous edition? Find every episode of SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers podcast here. It also airs every day on ESPN 106.7 in Auburn at 3:30 p.m. CT.
Why Auburn’s dominant defensive performance ‘starts and ends’ up front