Wednesday, Sept. 20
The Montana Tech Student Wellness Task Force will hold its annual fall Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Copper Lounge of the Student Union Building. The interactive event includes sexual health education/testing, alcohol use awareness, tobacco-free initiatives, basic health screens, mini-massages, and recreational activities. Details: Cricket Pietsch at 406-496-3730.
William Good will talk about the release of bio-control insects for spotted knapweed from 4 to 4:50 p.m. in CBB 102 on the Montana Tech campus.
Butte Citizens for Preservation and Revitalization will have a salvage sale from 4 to 6 p.m. in the alley behind the Piccadilly Museum, 20 W. Broadway St. Items include new doors, cast iron tubs and hot water heating radiator, kitchen and bathroom sinks, brass cabinet hardware (knobs and bin pulls that have never been used), odds and ends of wood trim and floorings and lots of windows. Volunteers are welcome. Just drop in at the sale site. Bring a tape measure and work gloves. Donations? Email to email@example.com
SMOKE IS TOPIC
The Diabetes Support Group will meet at Metals Sports Bar and Grill, 8 W. Park St., at noon. Kevin Swanson, Pharm D candidate from the University of Montana, will discuss “How To Deal With Wildfire Smoke Inhalation.” Public invited. Details: Ida at 406-723-2960.
CLUBS AND MEETINGS
- Butte Sunrise Kiwanis Club meets at 7 a.m. at Perkins Restaurant. Guest speaker will be Chief Executive Dave Palmer.
- Butte Central and Butte High classes of 1952 will have a luncheon at noon at The Derby. Call Georgia at 406-782-5772 or June at 406-723-6780.
- American Legion Post 1 and the auxiliary will celebrate their monthly dinner on at the Legion Hall on Motor Vue Drive in Butte. Steak, baked potatoes, vegetables, salads and desserts will be served. Cost for the dinner will be $8. The hall opens at 6 pm., dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. A short meeting will be held after the dinner.
- Butte Kiwanis Club meets at noon at Perkin’s with featured speaker Jessica York from the Montana Tech Business Guild.
- Bingo is held at the Elks Lodge, Montana and Galena at 7 p.m. All are welcome. The more people in attendance the larger the payout. Details: 406-494-6614 or 406- 490-3329.
A representative from the Teddy Roosevelt Conservation partnership will be featured speaker at the Anaconda Sportsman’s Club meeting at 7 p.m. in AOH Hall, 106 Cherry St. Scott Laird, of Lolo, is based out of the TRCP’s new office in Missoula. Wednesday’s meeting will also review the club’s summer activities.