WORLD WAR 3: North Korea will be met by ‘massive military response’ | World | News

US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis warned the US would respond to any attack on the United States or its allies after North Korea conducted its most powerful nuclear test to date – five times more powerful than the weapon used on Hiroshima at the end of World War 2.

Commanders have spent the evening briefing the US President on “every” military option to tackle North Korea.

And following lengthy discussions, General Mattis appeared in front of the White House to issue a terrifying warning to the hermit state.

He said despot leader Kim Jong-Un should remember the US is capable the “total annihilation” of North Korea, and has the options to carry such a threat out.

The defence secretary, known as Mad Dog, reminded they are “not looking” to use force on KIm, but said any threat to the US or its allies will be met with a “massive military response”

Speaking outside the White House, he said: “Any threat to the United States or its territories, including Guam or our allies will be met with a massive military response, a response both effective and overwhelming.

“Kim Jong-un should take heed of the UN Security Council’s unified voice.

“All members unanimously agree on the threat North Korea poses and remain unanimous in their commitment to denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.

“We are not looking to the total annihilation of a country, namely North Korea, but, as I said, we have many options to do so.”

President Donald Trump tweeted that North Korea’s “words and actions” were “very hostile and dangerous”.

In a string of tweets, the US President wrote: “North Korea has conducted a major Nuclear Test. Their words and actions continue to be very hostile and dangerous to the United States.

“North Korea is a rogue nation which has become great threat and embarrassment to China, which is trying to help but with little success.

“South Korea is finding, as I have told them, that the talk of appeasement with North Korea will not work.”

Asked by reporters today if he was preparing a military response to Pyongyang’s latest illegal test, Mr Trump replied ominously: “We’ll see.”

He then tweeted that he would be meeting military leaders at the White House to discuss the North Korean situation.

He added: “The United States is considering, in addition to other options, stopping all trade with any country doing business with North Korea.

North Korea has defied UN sanctions and international pressure to develop nuclear weapons and test missiles that could potentially reach the US.

South Korea, Japan, China, Russia and the UK are among those to have voiced strong criticism of the North’s sixth nuclear test.

The United Nations Security Council will meet on Monday on North Korea’s nuclear test at the request of the United States, Japan, Britain, France and South Korea.

The 15-member Security Council will meet on Monday, the U.S. mission said.

North Korea has been under U.N. sanctions since 2006 over its ballistic missile and nuclear programs. Typically, China and Russia only view a test of a long-range missile or a nuclear weapon as a trigger for further possible U.N. sanctions.

The council last month unanimously imposed new sanctions on North Korea over its two long-range missile launches in July. The resolution aimed to slash by a third the Asian state’s $3 billion annual export revenue by banning exports of coal, iron, lead and seafood.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

4 × four =